Google

Friday, January 06, 2006

Hiking the canadian Rockies - Peaks & Trails & Marmots - oh my!

A wonderful day hike near Lake Louise which I did with members of my family (and no, the attached photos are not pictures of them, .........although now that I look at them.....) We were hiking to Cirque peak via Helen's lake. These photos are actually of some of the 'crazy' wildlife we saw while hiking the alpine paths ; Squirrels, marmots and pika are the 'featured creatures' and as you can see they are all just 'doing their thing' as all good wildlife should. I encourage any hiker who hasn't been to the Candian Rockies to make the trip - Prestine air, amazing wildlife and views that are out of this world wait for all. Can you spot the Pika in this picture >>> If you don't want to ' waste your time' hiking boring old trails.........you need to find the BEST hikes to do in the Canadian Rockies and I recommend the following books to guide you.....they never once led US wrong !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home